Bicycle Pedestrian Master Plan 2014
The City has begun preparation of a Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan in order to analyze needs and deficiencies, develop guidelines and standards for bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and identify and prioritize facility improvements. The City has selected Toole Design Group, a nationally recognized consulting firm specializing in bicycle and pedestrian transportation, to assist in preparing the Plan. The Planning process is scheduled to be completed within an approximately 9-month time frame. The Planning department will manage this project in close collaboration with the Public Works department and involvement from other City departments. There will also be considerable opportunity for public involvement in the planning process. For more information please contact Juliet Walker, Transportation Planner, 603-610-7296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- December – Project Kick-Off
- January – Launch of interactive WikiMap and on-line Survey
- February – Public Meeting / Open House, Field Assessments, Stakeholder Interviews / Focus Group discussions
- March – Preliminary project report on Opportunities and Constraints
- April -- Preliminary project report on Evaluation Criteria
- May – Public Meeting / Open House
- June – Presentation of draft Plan to Planning Board, preparation of application for Bicycle Friendly Communities Designation
- August – Planning Board adoption of Bicycle Pedestrian Master Plan
- September – Presentation of Final Plan to City Council, preparation of application for Walk Friendly Communities Designation
- Public Information Gathering Meeting, February 6th, 2014 6:30-8:30pm, Levenson Room, Portsmouth Public Library
Project Reports / Reference Materials
- Interactive WikiMap -- Please use this map to contribute your ideas about walking and biking routes and other walkability and bikability issues or concerns.
- Existing Conditions Maps and Study Network Development (DRAFT March 28, 2014)
- Vision and Goals (DRAFT April 2, 2014)